12.3.11

So, Where have you Been?

I can give the excuse that my right wrist has been hurting a lot and I don't want to type any more than necessary. It still hurts but I want to get back on track with posting.

The truth is, although I have not been posting much, I have been thinking. A lot. About archetypes and topics. Parent archetypes and teacher archetypes and topics for bloggin. Here are my lists, so far:

Parent Archetypes
The Team Player (we love you!)
The Defender
The Attacker
The "My Kid is made of Crystal"
The Condescender
The Absent One
The "My Kid is a Mess"
The Pusher
The Yes-But

Teacher Archetypes:
The Senior English Teacher (subject not important)
The "Everyone's a Winner"
The Defender
The Attacker
The "Your Kid is a Mess"
The Condescender
The Team Player (yes, we love you, too)
The Low-Flier
The High-Flier
The Disgruntled

Who am I missing? Did you notice how many are duplicates? I did. I'm not sure what to do with the lists but they may guide future blogs.

Topics
Bullying - Defining it and Dealing with it Constructively
When Parents Behave Badly
Administrator's Role in the Parent-Teacher Tango
Dealing with "Bad-Kid" Meetings
Parent-Teacher Conferencing that isn't a CWT (Complete Waste of Time)
Supporting Special Needs
Fundraising
When Teachers Behave Badly
Parents in the Classroom
Dual-Role Challenges

What else?

Send me your thoughts and ideas on any of the above... I have the opposite of writer's block. Writer's flow-but-don't-know-where-to-begin....

Until next time,
Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I've been working as an educator for more than twenty years. By "official" training, I'm a teacher, school counselor, and developmental psychologist (MAT, LSC, Ph.D.) With four, feisty school-aged children and a husband who is a teacher and Principal, I'm lucky to see many sides of the Parent/Teacher Tango. It can be a complicated dance! This blog intends to support you in being a positive participant in your child's educational experience.